Intake / Waiver Form
At Body and float Wellness Centre we make all reasonable efforts to ensure a comfortable, clean and safe environment for you. As such, you may be provided the opportunity to float. So that you have a comfortable and safe experience, please read the following and sign your name to indicate your agreement. This waiver applies to the now contemplated float and all subsequent float experiences taken by the undersigned with Body and float Wellness Center.
1 . I will NOT use the flotation tank ;
(a) With oils or creams on my body;
(b) If I have any communicable disease;
(c) Under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
(d) If I am epileptic unless in the opinion of my physician my epilepsy is under medical control so that I am in sufficient control of my seizures not to endanger myself in the flotation tank;
(e) If I am pregnant, unless I have consulted and received permission from my physician;
(g) If I suffer from diabetes, unless, in the opinion of my physician, my diabetes is under medical control so that I am in sufficient safety to use the floatation tank;
(h) If I suffer or have suffered from chronic heart disease, unless, in the opinion of my physician, my chronic heart disease is under medical control so that I am in sufficient safety to use the flotation tank.
(i) If I suffer or possess any sort of existing ear, nose, eye condition that may be irritated by properties within the float tank mentioned anywhere within this document.
- I further understand that the flotation tank uses (1) Epsom salt (U.S.P. pharmaceutical) grade magnesium sulfate, (2) natural enzymes, botanical extracts and non-toxic biodegradable cleaning products which will be in the water and that some people may experience skin allergies or reactions to such chemicals.
- I also hereby agree and understand that I shall have consulted with my own physician prior to using the flotation tank if I am currently taking any medication or under a physician’s care for any reason.
- Upon using the flotation tank, I absolve Body and Float wellness and its employees and agents from any and all liability in connection with use thereof whether such loss or damage be direct or indirect.
- I further agree to take full responsibility for my thoughts and actions while floating the waiver of liability and all agreements made herein shall apply to each use I make of the flotation tank or float room.
- I understand that all of my personal possessions shall be secured with myself (alone), locked inside of “the float room” during my personal float session. Any loss or damage to any personal possessions of mine is not the responsibility or liability of Body and float Wellness Center.
- Any products or incidentals (  “q-tips”/cotton swabs,  towels,  ear plugs,  organic soap & shampoo supplied by Body and float Wellness Centerused voluntarily and with full consent and a full knowledge of use by all clients.
Requirements and Recommendations
– Clients are required to shower and shampoo before floating. (Rinse soap off body thoroughly).
– Clients are required to use the washroom before floating.
– Clients with long hair, it’s recommended to tie hair back. No freshly dyed hair (Min 48 hours)
– Avoid waxing/shaving before floating to avoid salt/skin irritation.
– Avoid caffeine and heavy foods 1.5 hours prior to floating.
– If a client contaminates the pool in any way they will be required to pay the cost of clean up and refilling the pool with salt. ($800.00 – $1,500.00 depending on the current cost of supplies and extent of damage).
The float unit/room is used for relaxation purposes and needs to remain a quiet, tranquil environment. Please make every effort to be respectful and not disturb other clients while floating. Splashing, kicking, talking or other disruptive behavior is not allowed.
It is very important that you, the client be on time for your appointment. If a scheduled client is late, please understand that this session may be shortened to avoid booking conflicts with the next scheduled client/session.
Please call with 24 hours notice if you are unable to show up at the agreed upon appointment time. Any missed appointments where the client scheduled for his or her session has not made contact body and float Center representative will be deemed a “no show” and forfeit any payments made for services.
A missed appointment is not fair to our other clients and customers that they may have lost out of their opportunity to enjoy a session due to another person’s decision not to contact Ventura Float Center directly.
Body and float is a small local business, and because of this every time slot on our calendar is valuable as potential revenue for our growth and service as a healing center.
Discounted prices or sessions purchased with a coupon that have expired by their purchase date may have the option to pay the difference in cost up to the full price of a session (or sum of multiple sessions), to Body and float Wellness Center directly.
Thank you for your understanding.
While every effort is made to protect the health and safety of guests using the facilities, it is expressly agreed that use of facilities undertaken by me is at my own risk, and that body and float Center shall not be liable for any claims, damages, actions (or causes of actions) within the premises of “body and float”.
Thank you for providing us with this information. Body and float center does not sell, exchange, share or release your personal information, such as your name, email address, or telephone number to any third parties whatsoever.
Body & Float Wellness Spa